Wascana Centre has approved a new smoking bylaw which governs where smoking is and isn't allowed throughout the Centre. The smoking and vaping bylaw coincides with the City of Regina bylaw ans will also take effect July 15, 2017.
- No person small smoke or vape in any outdoor seating area.
- No person shall smoke or vape in any outdoor public space.
- No person shall smoke or vape within 10 metres outside of any doorway, window, air intake of an enclosed public place.
- No person shall smoke or vape in any enclosed public place.
- Has an exemption consistent with The Tobacco Control Act in relation to outdoor traditional spiritual and cultural ceremonies.
People may still smoke or vape within the Centre provided they are not on a designated pathway, greenspace or within 10 metres of any public building. Accepted areas for smoking or vaping within the Centre consist of parking lots, sidewalks and streets.